Hello avid knit and crocheter! As a customer of Premier/Herrschners, we want to ensure you understand the degree to which we take the protection and proper use of your personal information seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information in our possession.
In this policy the phrases "personally identifiable information" or "personal information" mean any information by which you can be identified or contacted, such as your name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.
Information We Collect and its Use
We collect personally identifiable information through communications with you whenever you interact with us. Some examples include:
- Registering on our web site for the purpose of purchasing product, using Wish List or downloading free content
- Signing up to receive promotional emails and newsletters
- Interacting with our mobile site or mobile applications
- Order-specific and other communication with our customer service staff
We may receive personal information about you from other third party sources as well. Examples of these sources are companies that can help us correct or supplement our records and/or improve the quality or personalization of our service to you.
To ensure our web site works properly and provide you with the best possible experience, we also gather certain information automatically. Examples of this type of information include your internet protocol address, device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring web site, if any, and the path you take through our web site.
The information we collect is then used to offer and provide our products and services in the best possible experience.
We may employ third party companies to perform tasks on our behalf. These tasks may include order fulfillment, package delivery, postal and email delivery, customer service, marketing support, and credit processing. These third parties have limited access to your personal information and are obligated not to use it for purposes other than the service being provided.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law.
When you order products, you are entered in our customer file. We occasionally make this file available to carefully screened companies and organizations whose products and services may be of interest to you. We never share your email address or telephone number. If you do not want your name to be made available to other companies, please contact us per the instructions below under Marketing Preferences.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Similar Technologies
Cookies are unique identifiers that are transferred to your device to enable us to support your ability to browse and purchase from our web site, and provide for a more personalized shopping experience. Without cookies enabled, you will still be able to browse our web site, but will not be able to complete a purchase or take advantage of many web site features.
To learn more about cookies, including how to configure their use on your device, follow these links:
Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the web site of its manufacturer. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies and the cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. Learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies.
We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if various banners or advertisements were effective.
Browser “Do Not Track” Signals
While this website does not currently have a mechanism to recognize the various web browser Do Not Track signals, we do offer you the ability to manage your preferences per the instructions provided in the previous sections above. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/.
Product Reviews and Testimonials
Product reviews are provided for the purpose of helping shoppers make the most educated decision possible when considering a purchase. These reviews are monitored to ensure accuracy and proper etiquette. We do not edit or alter reviews left by customers, but reserve the right to remove any at our discretion.
By posting your comment(s) or review(s) ("Reviews") on our web site, you give us permission to use the Review in connection with our business. You also are agreeing to the following: (1) The reprint or use of the Review will be at our discretion and without compensation; (2) We may use the Review with or without any pseudo (pen) name credit; (3) Our right to use the Review is perpetual and may be assigned by us; (4) We may use the Review nationally or globally and such use may be made in any media, information or communication platform (including Internet advertising) currently in use or later developed; and (5) You and not someone else composed and posted the Review.
Other than your pseudo (pen) name, your personally identifiable information will not be disclosed in connection with our reprint or use of your Review.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. We will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information via the Internet from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 and has submitted any information to us for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our files.
When you submit sensitive information via the web site, your information is protected both online and offline.
Specific to our web site:
- We take precautions to protect the security of your information during transmission, such as when entering your password or submitting your order, by using 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when providing correspondence, such as order confirmations.
- We encrypt all passwords you provide to our web site.
- All servers used in conjunction with our web site are physically housed in secure locations, inside locked and camera-monitored rooms. Only personnel with proper security clearance have access to these restricted areas.
Specific to our order fulfillment and customer service:
- Herrschners is enrolled in Trustwave's Trusted Commerce™ program to validate compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) mandated by all the major credit card associations including: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB, MasterCard Worldwide, Visa, Inc. and Visa Europe.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers to customer support staff, should you desire to contact them with questions about your order.
- Our customer support staff does not have the ability to see or reset your password.
- The servers that store your information are in a locked facility, and access is limited to employees who require the information to perform a specific job.
We want to be sure we communicate with you in a manner you prefer. To update preferences, you may do so by either making use of provided tools, such as the opt-out link in the footer of our promotional emails or the preference section under My Account, or by contacting us directly.
If you contact us directly by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. It may take up to 10 days to process your requests related to email and 4-6 weeks for other requests.
Be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes, such as information regarding your order, or customer service questions you initiate.
Requests via email should be sent to CustomerService@PremierYarns.com.
Requests by phone can be made by dialing +1 888.458.3588.
Requests by mail should be sent to:
c/o Premier Yarns
2800 Hoover Road
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Notification of Changes